PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS
(Makes 9 bars)
100g Unsalted Butter, softened
175g Soft Brown Sugar
1 Egg + 2 Egg Yolks
30g (2tbsp) Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter
100g Plain Flour
1/4tsp Fine Salt
1/2tsp Baking Powder
100g Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped
100g Peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C if using a fan. Grease and line a square baking tin, I used a 20 x 20 cm high sided square tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and soft, add the egg, beat in, then add the yolks and peanut butter and mix until smooth.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the peanuts and chocolate, keeping back a small handful of each to sprinkle on top.
4. Mix everything together, spread the mix in the tin, smooth the top, and sprinkle the remaining peanuts and chocolate on top.
5. Bake for 30 mins. Leave to cool completely before slicing into 9 bars.